Professor Adela McMurray, PhD, has academic and industrial experience in manufacturing and service industries. She has over 82 publications, won best author and teacher awards, research grants totaling over $2.5 million, is an editorial advisory board member for numerous journals and chairs the International Theme Committee at the Academy of Management.
Management Discipline - with fields of interest including Innovation, Climate, Culture and Diversity. Building an integrated model that shows the ways in which aspects of culture, including diversity, manifest themselves in relationships such as innovation , security, culturally and linguistically diverse recruitment and retention, leadership, sustainable procurement, learning, and organizational climate.
- Associate Professor of Management (2012 – to date), School of Management, College of Business RMIT University
Journal Advisory Boards
- Editorial Advisory Board member of the International journal of Studies in Thai Business Society and Culture. 2012 to date.
- Editorial Advisory Board member of the International Journal of Entrepreneurship Business Research. Emerald Group Publishing. 2007 to date.
- Editorial Advisory Board member of the Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development. Emerald Group Publishing. 2007 to date.
- Editorial Advisory Board member of the Journal of Management History. Emerald Group Publishing. 2007 to date.
- PhD in the field of Management and Organisational Behaviour. Thesis title: ’A Multivariate Study of Work Commitment and its Relationships within Australian Manufacturing Settings’. Southern Cross University 2000
- Master of Arts (Communication - Organisational Communication) (with Distinction) – Dissertation title: ’The Relationship Between Organisational Culture and Climate with Reference to a New University’- Charles Sturt University, 1994
- Graduate Certificate of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: Swinburne University of Technology, 2004
- Bachelor of Social Science, Majors: Social Research Methods, Sociology. Minors: Communication, Psychology - Deakin University, 1991
- Diploma of Education (3 Years full-time) - The University of New England, 1991
- Director Research Support and Performance (2010 – 2012), Research and Innovation Portfolio, RMIT University.
- Deputy Dean, Research and Innovation 2007- 2010, College of Business, RMIT University.
- Associate Professor of Management, Director of Entrepreneurship, School of Management, RMIT University, February 2006 – January 2008.
- Associate Professor of Management and Director, Corporate Relations Monash University, Gippsland campus.
- Senior Lecturer and Director MBA and Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Research Projects, Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn, 2000 – 2005.
- Academic Manager, Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship, Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn, 1999 -2000.
- Muchiri, M.,McMurray, A.,Nkhoma, M.,Pham, H. (2019). How Transformational and Empowering Leader Behaviors Enhance Workplace Safety: A Review and Research Agenda In: The Journal of Developing Areas, 53, 257 - 265
- Zomorrodi, M.,Fayezi, S.,Lau, K.,McMurray, A. (2019). Supply chain adaptations for the base-of-the-pyramid business: towards a theoretical model In: International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, , 1 - 26
- McMurray, A.,Scott, D.,Simmers, C. (2019). Work values ethic and personal discretionary non-work activities In: International Journal of Manpower, 40, 704 - 716
- Weerakoon, C.,McMurray, A.,Rametse, N.,Arenius, P. (2019). Social capital and innovativeness of social enterprises: opportunity-motivation-ability and knowledge creation as mediators In: Knowledge Management Research and Practice, , 1 - 16
- Alenazi, F.,Muenjohn, N.,McMurray, A. (2019). The Relationship between Demographic Characteristics and Organisational Commitment in Saudi Arabia In: International Review of Business Research Papers, 15, 18 - 36
- McMurray, A.,Li, L.,Sy, M. (2018). The Complementarities of Risk Management and CSR in Corporate Responsibility: The Way Forward for Management Education In: Management Education for Corporate Social Performance, Information Age Publishing, United States
- De Sisto, M.,Cavanagh, J.,McMurray, A.,Bartram, T. (2018). Emergency management and HRM in local governments: HR professionals as network managers In: Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, , 1 - 14
- Simmers, C.,McMurray, A. (2018). Organisational justice and managing workplace innovation: How important are formal procedures? In: International Journal of Innovation Management, 23, 1 - 21
- McMurray, A.,Li, L.,Sy, M. (2018). The Complementarity between Risk Management and CSR: The Way Forward for Management Education In: Management Education for Corporate Social Performance, IAP, United States
- Li, L.,McMurray, A.,Liu, B. (2018). The Functionality of Book-to-Market Ratio in Chinese Markets In: International Research in Economics and Finance, 2, 50 - 59
- Regional Australia's Engagement with China in the Asian Century. Funded by: Australia China Council 2015 from (2015 to 2016)
- Indigenous Entrepreneurship in Victoria, Australia: Reconciling Mainstream Business Practice and Indigenous Community Values. Funded by: ARC Linkage Project 2008 Round 2 from (2008 to 2011)
- Proximal and organizational leadership and climate as predictors of key performance in non-profit organizations. Funded by: ARC Linkage Project Grant 2006 Round 2 from (2007 to 2010)
- The People's Police? Victoria Police Recruitment and Retention: Policy and Practice for a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Society. Funded by: ARC Linkage Project 2005 Round 2 from (2006 to 2009)
11 PhD Current Supervisions19 PhD Completions and 2 Masters by Research Completions