Dr Milan Simic is the KES Journal General Editor, Program Manager - Master of Engineering Management and Associate Director of the Australia India Research Centre for Automation Software Engineering.
Dr Milan Simic has PhD, Master and Bachelor in Electronic Engineering, as well as Graduate diploma in Education. He has comprehensive experience from industry (Honeywell Information Systems), Research institute and academia, from overseas and Australia.
Dr Simic is currently the:
- General Editor for Knowledge Engineering Systems (KES) International Journal,
- Program Manager for Master of Engineering (Management),
- Associate Director of Australia-India Research Centre for Automation Software Engineering,
- Associate Editor for Intelligent Decision Technologies (IDT) International Journal, and few more.
Dr Simic is conducting research and teaching in Mechatronics that is a comprehensive engineering discipline, which includes the following scientific areas in his work:
- physical systems modelling,
- autonomous systems,
- biomedical engineering,
- intelligent transportation systems,
- green energy,
- information theory,
- wireless transfer of energy,
- engineering management, and
In addition to international publishing leadership role, research, program and course management, Dr Simic is conducting multidisciplinary teaching, currently lecturing mechatronics, electronics and management subjects in the School of Engineering. He has received teaching awards for academic performances at the University and award for the provision of educational services to the Australian community. He has also received number of industry transition grants, research grants and research awards.
He has more than 115 research publications including 5 books. His publications cover international journals, books, book chapters and conference proceedings from the areas of Autonomous Systems, Biomedical Engineering, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Digital Communications, Electronics, Green Energy Production, Mechatronics Engineering, Management, and Engineering Education.
Dr Simic is a programs committee member for a large number of conferences, organised by KES International, and by other scientific organisations. He is reviewer for many international journals, books, research grant schemes, as well as national PhD programs in few European countries.
- 2003 - Graduate Diploma in Education, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- 1991 - PhD in Electronic Engineering, University of Nis, Serbia, Yugoslavia; Thesis: "Codes for Digital Data Transmission and Recording"
- 1988 - Master of Electronic Engineering, University of Nis, Serbia, Yugoslavia
- 1978 - Bachelor of Electronic Engineering, University of Nis, Serbia, Yugoslavia
- Young, J.,Simic, M.,Simic, M. (2018). A novel foot progression angle detection method In: Computer Vision in Control Systems-4, Springer, United States
- Clunne-Kiely, L.,Idicula, B.,Payne, L.,Ronggowarsito, E.,Spichkova, M.,Simic, M.,Schmidt, H. (2017). Modelling and implementation of humanoid robot behaviour In: Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems, Marseille, France, 6-8 September 2017
- Young, J.,Simic, M.,Simic, M. (2017). Gait monitoring by automatic guided vehicle In: Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Knowledge - Based and Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems (KES 2017), Marseille, France, 6-8 September 2017
- Royale, A.,Simic, M.,Lappas, P. (2017). Engine heat sink thermal energy recovery system In: Procedia Computer Science, 112, 2406 - 2415
- Todorovic, M.,Simic, M.,Kumar, A. (2017). Managing transition to electrical and autonomous vehicles In: Procedia Computer Science, 112, 2335 - 2344
- Yulianto, A.,Simic, M.,Taylor, D.,Trivailo, P. (2017). Modelling of full electric and hybrid electric fuel cells buses In: Procedia Computer Science, 112, 1916 - 1925
- Ali, M.,Simic, M.,Imad, F. (2017). Calibration method for articulated industrial robots In: Procedia Computer Science, 112, 1601 - 1610
- Ismail, F.,Ali, M.,Simic, M.,Teo, S. (2017). Numerical analysis and improvement of the heat exchanger designed for co-generating units In: Procedia Computer Science, 112, 2240 - 2248
- Simic, M. (2017). Flat Ride Over the Gravel Road In: Proceedings of the 2017 Australian and New Zealand Control Conference, Gold Coast, Australia, 17-20 December 2017
- Tariq, M.,Trivailo, P.,Simic, M. (2017). Detection of Knee Motor Imagery by Mu ERD/ERS Quantification for BCI Based Neurorehabilitation Applications In: Proceedings of The 2017 Asian Control Conference, Gold Coast, Australia, 17-20 December 2017
- Develop a CATIA V5 Model and macro that can automate the design of Orthotics (Mechatronics and Software Engineering internship for Jeffery Young). Funded by: MEMKO Pty Ltd from (2016 to 2016)
- Hybrid vehicle with thermal energy recovery system. Funded by: Defence Science Institute Grant 2015 from (2016 to 2017)
- A multi-disciplinary design approach to identify growth opportunities in 3D printing. Funded by: Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources Contract from (2015 to 2015)
4 PhD Completions7 PhD Current Supervisions