Dr Milan Simic is the KES Journal General Editor, Program Manager - Master of Engineering Management and Associate Director of the Australia India Research Centre for Automation Software Engineering.
Dr Milan Simic has PhD, Master and Bachelor in Electronic Engineering, as well as Graduate diploma in Education. He has comprehensive experience from industry (Honeywell Information Systems), Research institute and academia, from overseas and Australia.
Dr Simic is currently the:
- General Editor for Knowledge Engineering Systems (KES) International Journal,
- Program Manager for Master of Engineering (Management),
- Associate Director of Australia-India Research Centre for Automation Software Engineering,
- Associate Editor for Intelligent Decision Technologies (IDT) International Journal, and few more.
Dr Simic is conducting research and teaching in Mechatronics that is a comprehensive engineering discipline, which includes the following scientific areas in his work:
- physical systems modelling,
- autonomous systems,
- biomedical engineering,
- intelligent transportation systems,
- green energy,
- information theory,
- wireless transfer of energy,
- engineering management, and
In addition to international publishing leadership role, research, program and course management, Dr Simic is conducting multidisciplinary teaching, currently lecturing mechatronics, electronics and management subjects in the School of Engineering. He has received teaching awards for academic performances at the University and award for the provision of educational services to the Australian community. He has also received number of industry transition grants, research grants and research awards.
He has more than 115 research publications including 5 books. His publications cover international journals, books, book chapters and conference proceedings from the areas of Autonomous Systems, Biomedical Engineering, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Digital Communications, Electronics, Green Energy Production, Mechatronics Engineering, Management, and Engineering Education.
Dr Simic is a programs committee member for a large number of conferences, organised by KES International, and by other scientific organisations. He is reviewer for many international journals, books, research grant schemes, as well as national PhD programs in few European countries.
- 2003 - Graduate Diploma in Education, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- 1991 - PhD in Electronic Engineering, University of Nis, Serbia, Yugoslavia; Thesis: "Codes for Digital Data Transmission and Recording"
- 1988 - Master of Electronic Engineering, University of Nis, Serbia, Yugoslavia
- 1978 - Bachelor of Electronic Engineering, University of Nis, Serbia, Yugoslavia
- Tariq, M.,Trivailo, P.,Simic, M. (2020). Classification of left and right foot kinaesthetic motor imagery using common spatial pattern In: Biomedical Physics & Engineering Express, 6, 1 - 11
- BANI MELHEM, M.,Simic, M.,Lai, C.,Feng, Y.,Ding, S. (2020). Fuzzy control of the dual-stage feeding system consisting of a piezoelectric actuator and a linear motor for electrical discharge machining In: Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Proceedings. Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 234, 945 - 955
- Tariq, M.,Trivailo, P.,Simic, M. (2020). Mu-Beta event-related (de)synchronization and EEG classification of left-right foot dorsiflexion kinaesthetic motor imagery for BCI In: PLoS ONE, 15, 1 - 20
- Royale, A.,Simic, M.,Lappas, P. (2020). Engine exhaust manifold with thermoelectric generator unit In: International Journal of Engine Research, 22, 2180 - 2188
- Todorovic, M.,Simic, M. (2020). Computational intelligence and automated methods for control fuzzy system design In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2020), Online, 19 - 24 July 2020
- Tariq, M.,Trivailo, P.,Simic, M. (2019). Classification of left and right knee extension motor imagery using common spatial pattern for BCI applications In: Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems (KES 2019), Budapest, Hungary, 4 - 6 September 2019
- Simic, M.,Spichkova, M.,Nakhaie Jazar, R. (2019). New CAN Bus Line Coding Scheme In: Proceedings of KES-InMed-19 and KES-IIMSS-19, Malta, 17 - 19 June 2019
- Todorovic, M.,Simic, M. (2019). Managing Transition to Autonomous Vehicles Using Bayesian Fuzzy Logic In: Proceedings of KES-InMed-19 and KES-IIMSS-19 Conferences, Malta, 17 - 19 June 2019
- Spichkova, M.,Simic, M. (2019). Towards Formal Specification of CAN Protocol In: Proceedings of KES-InMed-19 and KES IIMSS-19 Conferences: Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies (IIMSS 2019), Malta, 17 - 19 June 2019
- Alamdari Milani, S.,Marzbani, H.,Simic, M.,Khazaei, A.,Nakhaie Jazar, R. (2019). Elliptical Combined-Slip Tire Model in Vehicle Dynamics In: Proceedings of KES-InMed-19 and KES-IIMSS-19 Conferences, Malta, 17 - 19 June 2019
2 PhD Current Supervisions9 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions
- Develop a CATIA V5 Model and macro that can automate the design of Orthotics (Mechatronics and Software Engineering internship for Jeffery Young). Funded by: MEMKO Pty Ltd - Competitive from (2016 to 2016)
- Hybrid vehicle with thermal energy recovery system. Funded by: Defence Science Institute Grant 2015 from (2016 to 2019)
- A multi-disciplinary design approach to identify growth opportunities in 3D printing. Funded by: Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources Contract from (2015 to 2015)