Research Interests/ Areas of Expertise
- Stakeholder influence and accountability
- Public and nonprofit sector accountability
- Voluntary disclosure
- Accounting professionalisation
- Accounting education
Prizes and Awards
- RMIT College of Business ECR publication scheme 2014 of $5000 for the project: ‘A comparison of perceived and disclosed accountability for infrastructure assets of local government’.
- RMIT College of Business Staff Doctorate Completion award 2013 of $20,000.00 for the project on ’The influence of stakeholder attributes and salience on accountability and backlog of infrastructure assets: evidence from Local Government Mayors and CEOs’.
- RMIT College of Business Grant Scheme 2011 of $15,000.00 for the project on ’Accountability for infrastructure assets decisions by local government authorities: influences of the Mayor, CEO and stakeholder groups’, with Professor Dennis Taylor.
- AFFANZ Research Grant Scheme 2010/11 of $ 4,911.00 for the project ’Accountability for Infrastructure Assets in Australian Local Government: The Impact of stakeholder salience’, with Professor Dennis Taylor.
- Financial Accounting Theory
- Introductory Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Doctor of Philosophy, RMIT University, Australia, 2013
- Graduate Certificate of Tertiary Teaching and Learning, RMIT University, Australia, 2008
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment, Box Hill TAFE, Australia, 2007
- Master of Business Administration (Merit), University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2004
- Chartered Accountant - Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka, 2002
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka, 1997
- Member, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ)
- Member, European Accounting Association
- Yapa, P.,Ukwatte Jalathge, S.,Siriwardhane, P. (2017). The professionalisation of auditing in less developed countries: the case of Sri Lanka" In: Managerial Auditing Journal, 32, 500 - 523
- Siriwardhane, P.,Taylor, D. (2014). Stakeholder prioritisation by Mayors and CEOs in infrastructure asset decisions In: Journal of Accounting and Organizational Change, 10, 355 - 381
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
3 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
Stakeholder influence and accountability, Public and non-profit sector accountability, Voluntary disclosure, Accounting professionalisation, Accounting education