Yuli Suseno is the Deputy Dean Learning and Teaching and Professor of Management in the School of Management. Before joining RMIT, she was the Deputy Head of School (Teaching and Learning) in the Newcastle Business School, The University of Newcastle (AACSB, EQUIS and PRME accredited business school).
Yuli Suseno is Professor of Management, and Deputy Dean Learning and Teaching in the School of Management (SoM). Prior to joining RMIT, Yuli had worked in several universities in Australia and the United Kingdom. Yuli had also worked in the industry for a number of years before joining academia and completing her PhD at the University of Queensland.
Yuli has an inter-disciplinary background and her current research interests are in the areas of entrepreneurship and innovation, social capital and social networks, and strategy. Yuli has published in reputable ABDC A*/A journals including in the Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Information Systems Journal, Asia Pacific Journal of Management, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Knowledge Management, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Information Technology & People, Systems Research and Behavioral Science, Personnel Review, and Australian Journal of Public Administration.
Yuli has received several awards for her work, including the Management Discipline Award (awarded by the School of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University), the Aspire University Professional Development Award (awarded by the Perth Convention Bureau), and the Dean's Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching (awarded by Edith Cowan University).
She had also received the best Doctoral paper award and the Best Paper award in the Stream of Business Policy and Strategy at the 18th Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference in Dunedin, New Zealand. Yuli was a recipient of the Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry) Scholarship under the Australian Research Council (ARC) SPIRT grant program. She has also received the University of Queensland Mid-year Postgraduate Research Scholarship and the Baillieu Research Scholarship for her PhD program.
Yuli was a recipient of the National Science and Technology Board (NSTB) Gold Medal for being the best graduate for the degree of Master of Science (Management of Technology) at the National University of Singapore. In addition, she was a recipient of the National Computer Board (NCB) Book Prize for being the graduate with the best performance in the area of Information Technology management who has also performed well in the overall examination for the degree of Master of Science (Management of Technology) at the National University of Singapore. In her undergraduate degree, Yuli was commended for graduating in the top 2-3% of all undergraduates in the Faculty of Economics and Commerce at the University of Western Australia.
Yuli was a visiting scholar at the Stockholm School of Economics, Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University China, University of Muenster, Atma Jaya Catholic University Indonesia, National Cheng-Chi University Taiwan, and the British University in Dubai.
- Deputy Dean Learning and Teaching of the School of Management
- Professor of Management
- Member of the School Executive Committee
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Queensland
- Master of Science, National University of Singapore
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Western Australia
- Klarin, A.,Suseno, Y. (2023). An Integrative Literature Review of Social Entrepreneurship Research: Mapping the Literature and Future Research Directions In: Business and Society, 62, 565 - 611
- Klarin, A.,Suseno, Y.,Lajom, J. (2023). Systematic Literature Review of Convergence: A Systems Perspective and Re-evaluation of the Convergence Process In: IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 70, 1 - 13
- Zhao, F.,Barratt-Pugh, L.,Suseno, Y.,Standen, P.,Redmond, J. (2023). A framework for exploring digital entrepreneurship development from a social interaction perspective In: Journal of General Management, 48, 115 - 126
- Suseno, Y.,Nguyen, D. (2023). Culture is in the eye of the beholder: using metaphoric representations of cultural values to enhance consumer digital engagement In: Journal of Strategic Marketing, 31, 321 - 342
- Horak, S.,Suseno, Y. (2023). Informal Networks, Informal Institutions, and Social Exclusion in the Workplace: Insights from Subsidiaries of Multinational Corporations in Korea In: Journal of Business Ethics, 186, 633 - 655
- Chang, C.,Fang, E.,Suseno, Y.,Hudik, M. (2023). Digital Gifts at the Workplace: An Exploratory Study on the Impact of E-Hongbao In: Journal of Global Information Management, 31, 1 - 25
- Suseno, Y.,Chang, C.,Hudik, M.,Fang, E. (2022). Beliefs, anxiety and change readiness for artificial intelligence adoption among human resource managers: the moderating role of high-performance work systems In: International Journal of Human Resource Management, 33, 1209 - 1236
- Geissinger, A.,Laurell, C.,Oberg, C.,Sandstrom, C.,Suseno, Y. (2022). The sharing economy and the transformation of work: evidence from Foodora In: Personnel Review, 51, 584 - 602
- Zhao, F.,Barratt-Pugh, L.,Standen, P.,Redmond, J.,Suseno, Y. (2022). An exploratory study of entrepreneurial social networks in the digital age In: Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 29, 147 - 173
- Klarin, A.,Sharmelly, R.,Suseno, Y. (2021). A Systems Perspective in Examining Industry Clusters: Case Studies of Clusters in Russia and India In: Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 14, 1 - 23
2 PhD Current Supervisions