Elite Athletes Scholarship
For students who are elite athletes; worth $10,000
The scholarship provides $10,000 for one year.
Note: this scholarship is taxable for recipients undertaking their study part-time.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be enrolled in any vocational education, undergraduate or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT University for semester 1 and 2, 2021
- be an Australian citizen
- compete as an athlete or coach at an Elite level in a sport recognised and funded by Sport Australia
- not be considered semi-professional or professional in your sport
The online application form will be made available when applications open.
In your application, you will need to upload documentation from your state or national sporting body confirming your selection and outlining your time commitment and potential costs of competing in the coming year. This letter should not be dated greater than 3 months ago, include the signatory’s contact details, signature, date and be on official letterhead. Applications without this supporting documentation will not be considered.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- Discuss your passion for your sport, including the steps you have taken to achieve your sporting goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic and athletic success?
- Outline what RMIT Nationals Sport team you could contribute to and how you might do this. Options include: Playing, coaching or mentoring and key note speaking. Alternatively, applicants are welcome to put forward their own suggestions)
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s terms and conditions.
- recipients are required to dedicate time (up to 200 hours) as a player, coach, mentor, key note speaker or other to an RMIT Nationals Sport team
- must demonstrate continued commitment and participation with RMIT Sport by attending a minimum of two student events per semester
- must meet monthly with RMIT Sport staff
- must maintain satisfactory academic performance, which will be viewed at the completion of each semester
- no leave of absence is available
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account.