RG Kayler-Thomson Memorial Scholarship
For mechanical/sustainable systems engineering students who have completed MIET2421 and MIET2422; worth $5000 per year
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be enrolled in Applied Heat and Mass Transfer (MIET2039) in semester 2, 2020
- be enrolled full-time in the standard semester 2 in 2020 in either:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (Honours) (BH070)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Business (Management) (BH089),
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) (BH090)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)(Honours)/Bachelor of Industrial Design (Honours) (BH093)
- have completed Applied Thermodynamics (MIET2421) and Fluid Mechanics of Mechanical Systems (MIET2422)
- be interested in a career as a refrigeration/air-conditioning/heating engineer
The online application form will be made available here when applications open.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
You will also need the contact information (name, organisation and contact number) for two referees.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Describe your two best academic achievements or learning experiences in your current program?
- Are there any difficult circumstances that prevent you from reaching your educational potential?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 July 2020. If you have not received an offer by 31 July 2020, your application has been unsuccessful.