dwell Village Accommodation Support Scholarship
For commencing students moving to Melbourne to study at RMIT; worth $10,230
In 2022 the scholarship will be paid in the form of a rental subsidy for a bed in a shared 2-Bedroom Studio at dwell Village for one year, worth $13,640.
After the subsidy of $10,230, successful recipients will be required to pay rent of $77.50 per week for 44 weeks, a total of $3,410.
These amounts may be subject to further changes.
This scholarship is for one year only, students may be able to continue to live at dwell Village but will not be eligible for an accommodation scholarship in their second year.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be commencing full-time study in semester 1 and 2 2022 in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage such as:
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- have previously/are currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state
- experiencing difficult family/social circumstances
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- have not previously commenced or completed a program at the same level of study or higher
- have not previously been enrolled at RMIT.
If you are a certificate IV or diploma student you must:
- have a government-subsidised place
- be commencing a program with a duration of at least one year or a pathway program combination (a mix of certificate IV and diploma) that is at least 1 year long
- not be enrolled in an apprenticeship or traineeship program.
If you are a degree or postgraduate by coursework student you must:
- be commencing a program with a duration of at least one year.
Applications can be submitted direct to RMIT or through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) however, it is preferred that you apply direct to RMIT for this scholarship.
Direct to RMIT applications
The online application form will be made available here when applications open. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Apply online through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website (www.vtac.edu.au).
Before you begin your application, please visit Supporting Your Application for more information about supporting your application with evidence, providing referee letters and answering application questions.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s terms and conditions.
If you are paying rent and want to cancel your lease agreement, you are required to continue paying all your rent charges until a new resident can be secured or the contract ends, whichever comes first.
Students will be required to pay a bond of $1240 (2021 rate) to the dwell Village when moving in that will be immediately lodged with the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA). The bond is refundable to students at the end of the contract by the RTBA following the receipt of the bond claim form, apartment inspection and clearance of all relevant payments to dwell Village.
Students have the option of purchasing bedding and kitchen packs from the dwell Village.
Students are required to vacate one week after second semester/term examination period, and will be charged a cleaning fee.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2022. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2022, your application has been unsuccessful.