Sir William Tyree Engineering Scholarship
For commencing Bachelor of Engineering students; worth up to $16,000 per year
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be commencing full-time enrolment in the standard semester 1 and 2 in a single Bachelor of Engineering degree*
- have completed year 12 in 2018 or 2019 with a minimum ATAR score of 80
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- have previously/are currently living in foster/kinship care or are a ward of the state
- experiencing difficult family/social circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to Melbourne to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- have completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
We welcome all eligible students to apply with a preference for those who are:
- from a rural/regional area who have relocated to study; and/or
- studying either electrical or mechanical engineering
*The Bachelor of Software Engineering is not an eligible program for this scholarship. Double degree programs are also ineligible for this scholarship.
Applications can be submitted direct to RMIT or through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) however, it is preferred that you apply direct to RMIT for this scholarship.
Direct to RMIT applications
The online application form will be provided here when applications open. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Apply online through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website (www.vtac.edu.au).
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
You will also need to upload a copy of your ATAR score from 2018 or 2019.
If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be contacted to answer further application questions. Please check the email address you nominate in your scholarship application form at least twice per week. The questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field of engineering, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- Discuss any achievements or significant results (excluding your ATAR score).
- Provide an example of when you have demonstrated leadership potential in your schooling, working and/or personal life.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account.