Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
For students commencing a technology-related degree; worth $5000
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent visa holder or an Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be commencing full time study in the standard semester 1 and 2 2021 in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Business (Information Systems) (BP308)
- Bachelor of Business (Information Systems) (Applied) (BP138)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BP094)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Network Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Computer Science (BH091)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Telecommunications Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Computer Science (BH094)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BP162)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Games and Graphics Programming) (BP215)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (BP096)
- Bachelor of Technology (Computing Studies) (BP232)
- have completed Year 12 (or equivalent) in Australia within the past two years (2019 or 2020) with an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of at least 65
Applicants are encouraged to be available for interview in late January 2021.
Complete the online application form by the application due date. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- What are your future plans and aspirations in the computer science, information technology or software engineering industry?
- Provide a written statement demonstrating your love of learning, desire to make the world a better place, and ability to be adaptable and resilient.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
The Westpac Scholars Trust is a scholarship fund with an exclusive focus on the education and advancement of Australians. A one-off contribution of $100 million will fund 100 scholarships and awards annually in perpetuity to Australians from all walks of life who have the potential to shape Australia’s future.
The Westpac Scholars Trust was launched as a gift to future generations of Australians to commemorate Westpac’s 200th anniversary in 2017.
For Australia to realise its full potential in the technology space we must invest in tomorrow’s leaders today. With the digital economy now touching every aspect of our lives, world-class technology skills are vital to leverage the opportunities in this rapidly changing market.
The Westpac Scholars Program aims to strengthen Australia’s pool of local talent, building a cohort of technology-literate future leaders. Importantly, the scholarships also aim to address the current lack of gender balance and diversity in technology graduates.
The 2020 Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
Think you've got what it takes to change the world?
Here's your chance.
Westpac Young Technologists Scholarships are designed specifically for high school graduates who are passionate about technology and eager to explore its potential for good.
We start by giving you $5,000 per year over three years to really inspire your thinking.
It's not just about funding though.
We'll help you develop into a stronger leader through a personalised enrichment program. You will have access to paid internships and inspiring mentors, and the chance to spend time in Asia as part of an international learning experience.
Best of all, you'll become a lifelong member of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network; an inclusive group of the brightest young minds in Australia.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2021. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2021, your application has been unsuccessful.