Chongqing, located in southwestern China, has a history dating back more than 3000 years. A rare combination of modernity and traditional textures exists in this vibrant city. Chongqing prides itself on breathtaking mountainous views at the confluence of Yangtze and Jialing River. There are many natural and cultural heritage sites accessible from Chongqing including the Three Gorges, Dazu Rock Carvings, Mount Jinfo (Golden Buddha) and Karst landform.
Southwest University is a highly esteemed institution located in central Chongqing. It is one of the first batch of "double first-class" universities, the "211 Project" and "985 Project Advantage Discipline Innovation Platform" universities in China. Last year, SWU was ranked 36th in China.
This Overseas Learning Centre (OLC) is available for RMIT students enrolled in any Foundation Studies, undergraduate or postgraduate courses. (Masters by Research and PhD are not available to study at this OLC).
Students enrolled the following cooperative courses may also attend the SWU OLC:
- RMIT Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation) cooperative course (合作办学课程 ) with Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (NUAA)
- RMIT Bachelor of Science (Food Technology and Nutrition) cooperative course (合作办学课程 ) with Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine (NJUCM)
Benefits of the SWU OLC include:
- Engaging with other RMIT students face to face
- Face to face support from Learning Facilitators
- Access to all modern facilities on campus, including academic library, student canteen and sports grounds
- Airconditioned accommodation with 4 beds per room
- Accommodation buildings are also equipped with a laundry, canteen and other facilities
- 24/7 emergency and health support available
- You’ll be able to access your RMIT program online via the RMIT VPN using SWU’s, reliable internet connection (including from your accommodation rooms)