You must complete the Architecture selection kit (PDF 131kb).
If you have completed an Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural) or a minimum of one year tertiary study in a design discipline e.g. architecture, interior design, industrial design, landscape architecture, graphic design, art or fashion design, you are exempt from completing the selection kit. Instead, you will need to submit the following with your application:
- academic transcript
- letter outlining your motivations and aspirations for studying architecture, including details of any relevant experience such as employment, voluntary work, etc and how this strengthens your application to this program (maximum 250 words).
- selection video
Your folio must comprise of 3 to 5 projects. For each project, please include a brief description of the project intent, some developmental work (drawings, models, renderings, sketches etc.) and a series of images of the final outcome.
Each project may have up to 4 pages dedicated to it (no more than 20 pages for the entire folio). Please ensure your folio is well organised and clearly presented.
It is important to demonstrate in your folio how you have engaged in the creative process and how these efforts respond to the constraints and issues inherent in the project. The folio will demonstrate your development of creative ideas in a logical sequence.
You are also encouraged to include photographs of 3D models and mock-ups. Projects can include work from previous study, as well as your own projects. Include any projects that demonstrate your potential to follow a design process. Projects that demonstrate an ability to realise a 3D outcome are encouraged.
You may include up to one page of projects completed in architectural work-related project experience, but this is not essential. If you choose to do this, it needs to be clearly differentiated and labelled.
You must collate your work into a single PDF. You may upload your PDF (maximum 10MB) or supply a URL if it's hosted online (provide the username and password if applicable).
Selection video questions
Part 1 (maximum time: 1 minute)
Please tell us about your motivations and interests:
- Introduce yourself and tell us what you are doing currently (studying, working, travelling).
- Why do you want to study architecture?
- What other interests or skills do you have outside of your studies?
Part 2 (maximum time: 3 minutes)
Describe the projects in your folio.
- Explain the ideas and concepts behind the projects. Please include any references or projects which have influenced your design ideas.
- Explain how you have developed these ideas into your final submission. Please include any references or projects which have influenced your design ideas.
Video upload requirements
- Videos must be no longer than 4 minutes and you must present yourself on camera during the interview. For reasons of equity we will stop watching the video after 4 minutes so please adhere to the time limit.
- We will not be scoring or judging the quality of the video so you can record this video using your phone or other suitable devices.
- Please upload your video to an external site (e.g. Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google Drive, WeChat, Weibo, Youku or Tudou). If you apply an expiry period on your video, please ensure that it is at least 6 months from the date of submission.
- Send message via the online applicant portal with the username and password to access your video if applicable. Please use your application number as part of your username.